Friday, March 13, 2009

I finally get to join the crowd in saying, "I saw it!"

Fireproof. Yes, my wife and I are no longer having to confess of not seeing this movie. We were a little leery to be to be honest. Nothing against Kirk Cameron, but normally movies like this come off as cheesy, low budget, and have horribly cliche dialogue. So bad in fact that the message that the director was trying to convey is completely missed. BUT! I liked it. I must admit, I shed a tear or two. It really did hit on a relevant topic of today. The amount of marriages ending in divorce today are mind blowing.

Anyway, I liked it.

2 comments:

casterline said...

I'm so glad you saw the movie! We were reluctant to watch it also, but I thought it was well done for the resources they had! And I very good message! and glad to see you updated your blog!

Lael Beckwith said...

Hey, I think you guys watched it right about when I did. I was home sick and I finally caved to the pressure, with, like you, low expectations. I agree with casterline. For what they had to work with, it was well done. It was much better than some other Christian ventures which I won't put down here. Very good message, and I shed a tear or two as well.